2007-09-06

until they make a food pill...

I've lost my appetite. It's a weird thing - I've always had the curse of being able to eat whatever is in front of me. And I love food, so this has over the years contributed to eating way more than I should, putting on more weight than I should carry.

Then about a month ago or so, something happened. I don't want food. It doesn't even interest me most of the time. I've been living on food bars that I force myself to eat, or whatever Snow feels like. The only craving I've had is for pounds of fruit - mostly water and a few sugars - which has passed now that it's cooler.

The food bars, incidentally, are about a billion times nicer than the ones back in the 90s. Lara Bars are incredible all-fruit and nut bars with absolutely nothing else in them - their ginger bar and lemon bar are amazing. The Odwalla bars are also good, but their new trail mix bars are amazing.

I've been losing about 1.5-2 lbs a week since this happened, and dropped a jeans size. I am not even trying to diet, I just don't find myself wanting to eat, nevermind snack.

In addition, I've been walking a lot. Today I walked 3.5 miles, to my doctor's office and back. Snow and I are looking at starting a 5k training program, just to do it. Sometime this week we're going to get new shoes and get to it.

It's weird though. I wonder what switch flipped, if it was physical, psychological, pharmaceutical. I wonder if it will stay this way, or if I will go back to wanting to eat everything I see.

For now I'm not going to worry about it, and just accept that something in my brain or body has changed for the better, and it's helping me change in a way I badly want.

No comments: