2008-01-17

“On a bad day, I have mood swings - but on a good day, I have the whole mood playground”

Today was actually productive. Glory glory. I did laundry. Which I hadn't done in... insert number of days here.

In the afternoon Snow and I went to the stained glass studio and picked out glass. Which was glorious. It indulged all of my love of color, in a very pure way. I bought more than I needed, but it was all so *pretty*. I am really excited about how it's going to turn out. There's just 4 weeks of work between now and then.

I bought a deckled edged ruler which I've wanted for a while but couldn't find. We came home, and Snow cooked for us. And then we traced and cut out our stained glass patterns while watching endless episodes of Law & Order: CI (the flavor of preference).

While sketching out (!!) some ideas for future glass projects, I got an inspiration from my rail maps book - it would be wickedly cool to do a big glass panel of the BART map. Of course it'd be a bunch of pretty small parts, and it'd be tricky... so maybe in a few projects. It's still a fun idea.

Being functional kinda rocks it. I might even sleep before 2am. 2am! Practically apocalyptic.

(quote : Charles Rosenblum. No idea who he is, but damned if it isn't true.)

No comments: